I am continuing to work through back issues of the magazine Woodwork and found this quote which I like:
What I enjoy about my work is that because there’s no sketch, you feel much freer about experimenting with where something might go, or how the thing might look.
Michael Cooper in Hardly Davidson by David Colman, issue #49, page 75, paragraph 2
Much of my own work is done without a plan, and I find it very enjoyable and fun to watch the project progress, and even more rewarding to see the end result. I encourage you to try it yourself.
You can find this quote, and many more on my page Quotes from Woodwork.
- Holiday Gift and Exhibition at Pitt Meadows Art Gallery
- Wood Sale Today and Tomorrow
- Wood Sale October 14-15, 2018
- A Single Defining Element
- Good Tools Work for You, Not Against You
- My Tripot: Final Cleanup
- My Tripot: Turning the Base
- My Tripot: Shaping the Exterior
- Power Tools vs. Hand Tools, and When Can You Modify the Design?