You might remember this table design I developed in January. Last weekend, while at the Skills Canada National Competition, I showed it to some of the cabinetmakers overseeing the event and they were very impressed with the design.
I counted twelve intersections in the centre and one really big headache.
I figured that I could actually make the table base if I broke it down into four quarters as seen from above. Then, I separated each section into six components, each with at least one intricate bit of angled joinery. The joinery for the first four components took me about five hours to lay out and cut.
In this time-lapse video (duration – 1:55), I laid out and cut the joints for the remaining two parts of the first quarter. Since I was not ready to apply glue but wanted to see it together, I used masking tape to assemble it. I spent about 45 minutes laying out the joinery and about 5 minutes making the cuts.
3 thoughts on “Cutting Joinery for V-Table”
I have been browsing true your blog and I really like your work. I am very curious how this table will further develop and hope you will document the process on your blog. I am a vivid fan of anything that has to do with compound angled joinery and this project of yours seems quite promising.
Thanks for the comment. I will continue to document the progress on this table here on my blog.
Awesome post and table. I agree with first comment about seeing how the table progresses.