Being a self-employed artist definitely has its benefits but it’s not for everybody. David Ogilvy, the “Father of Advertising”, came up with this list of what he thinks makes a good creative leader.
Qualities of Creative Leaders
- High standards of personal ethics.
- Big people, without pettiness.
- Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
- Brilliant brains — not safe plodders.
- A capacity for hard work and midnight oil.
- Charisma — charm and persuasiveness.
- A streak of unorthodoxy — creative innovators.
- The courage to make tough decisions.
- Inspiring enthusiasts — with trust and gusto.
- A sense of humor.