Everybody is Invited to Participate!
The purpose of the Wall Shelf Build-Off (#WSBO) is to encourage woodworkers from around the world to simultaneously build a project in their own workshops and share the process online January 28 and 29, just like the Shop Stool Build-Off that I hosted four years ago. I expect to see many returning participants and lots of new faces.
#WSBO Rules are Simple:
- Build a wall-mounted shelf during the weekend of January 28 – 29.
- Share the process online via social media (#WSBO), blog, and/or forum.
- To be eligible for prizes, pre-register, then submit your entry by Tuesday January 31 (see below).
Use the form at the bottom of this page to pre-register.
Start Thinking About a Shelf Design
You can work from plans or you can design on the fly. You can use wood, metal or even some other material. One great thing about a wall shelf is that the design possibilities are endless. Check out my Pinterest collection of wall shelf ideas if you need some inspiration.
Two Days to Build your Wall Shelf
I hope to finish my shelf in one day, but the build-off will carry on through Sunday for those who require more time.
After the shelves are complete, I would like to share everybody’s work here on my blog.
We had a lot of fun and had a lot of participation four years ago with the Shop Stool Build-Off, and I’m really excited about this year’s Wall Shelf Build-Off!
Submitting Your #WSBO Entry
To be eligible to win a prize, send an e-mail to FlairBuildOff@gmail.com by end of day Tuesday, January 31 containing:
- one or two photos of your completed wall shelf (please label the files using your name – mine will be titled ChrisWong1.jpg and ChrisWong2.jpg);
- overall dimensions of your shelf;
- a list of the materials used; and
- a link to where you shared your build.
You can also include:
- a sentence or two about your greatest challenge during the build;
- up to 300 words about the shelf, your inspiration, construction techniques etc; and
- a suggestion for the next Build-Off.