Deconstructed, Session 5

In Session 1Session 2Session 3 and Session 4 I began working on an exploded shelf I’m calling Deconstructed.  I finished the last session by filling in air bubbles with epoxy.


Today, in the final session of this Tweet-Along, I completed the shelf, including applying the first coat of finish.

As always, I documented my progress live on Twitter using hashtag #FlairWW (follow me @FlairWoodworks) which was useful because each update had a time stamp so followers could see the rate at which I progressed.  I attempted to record my build in time-lapse as usual, but due to a technical glitch, that didn’t work.  I compiled the photos and Tweets into a video (duration – 2:16).

4 thoughts on “Deconstructed, Session 5

  1. great concept for a piece. I still cannot understand how you ended up with airbubbles after all you did to eliminate them. But I bet that is one of the things noone but you will notice.
    It has been fun watchin you creat art.

    • Stephen,

      I’m not sure what created the air bubbles, but I think that if I had used a slower-setting resin, they would have had more of a chance to escape. This one set up surprisingly quickly.


I would be delighted if you left a comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s