I’ve given away two things so far, a Ridgid Air Filter and some spalted maple. The air filter went within four minutes and the maple went within two minutes. Now, it was exciting to have woodworkers following my blog so closely, but it was unfair to those who don’t spend their days tied to their computers.
That’s not what I wanted, so I’m changing the rules.
Instead of first-come, first-serve, I’m going to allow readers to show their interest by way of a comment for a set duration. Then I’ll put into a hat the names of those interested and choose a winner.
Here are the details, updated:
- I will post a picture and brief description of the item or group of items up for grabs. There will be some wood, hand tools, power tools, accessories, random shop stuff, and even a clamp or two. Most tools will be in good-to-excellent shape;
- Comment if you want it! I suggest you subscribe to this blog so you get notified when I post something. If you want the item(s), leave a comment on that particular post and let me know if you can pick it up or if you need it shipped. (I am willing to ship, but you are responsible for all shipping costs. I can get a shipping quote and will ship once I’ve received funds to cover my shipping costs. I have a PayPal account with which I can collect funds.);
- After a set period of time, which I will announce in the post, I will enter into a Random Chooser the names of those interested and let the program draw a winner. I will announce the winner in the comments section and contact them to arrange a pick-up time or shipping details. If the first person chosen changes their mind, I’ll have another name chosen;
- Nothing is going to be shipped before Christmas (I am not doing this to make money). If you are local, we may be able to work out a time to pick up the item(s) before or after Christmas;
- Items up for grabs will be trickling in over the next month (or probably, longer) so stick around;
- If there is something you REALLY want, I take bribes in the form of Felder machinery, Bridge City tools and Sauer & Steiner planes; and finally,
- No phone calls, please!